Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Metamorphasis

Last July, I sat in a college classroom listening to my professor telling me to give up everything for a year. No more writing, book club, travel, vacations, family events, etc. This was all due to my becoming a candidate for National Board. I soon found out why. Certification for National Board Teacher is very, VERY hard! Turns out, I had to submit 2 videos (I made 7!), a written portfolio of multiple projects I made with teachers and students (thanks, everybody!), and a nasty, hard freaking test!

Meanwhile, I'm a writer, so I can't turn this stuff off. It just happens. The characters stay with me until I write their stories. So now that I've submitted all the National Board stuff, I have LOTS of new material.

Check the blog daily for announcements and contests!

No comments: