Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happily Ever Afters

I married my high school sweetheart as a teenager a long, long time ago, so if anybody asks, I do believe in love, in soulmates, successful relationships, in Destiny, and of course in Happily Ever Afters.

So, keeping that in mind, I expect the books I read to have a happy ending, too. Always! Simply "satisfying" doesn't cut it. I don't care what changes the characters make along the way, if they're not totally stoked with their significant other by the end, I'm ready to throw the book. UNLESS...the book is part of a series. In fact, some of my favorite YA books end with a cliffhanger and doubts about the couple's HEA, but I'm assuming the couple will get there eventually. At least they BETTER or else, authors! Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series, and several more come to mind. These are the stories I love and devote many hours of my life to.

What are your favorite HEA's?



No comments: