Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teen Talk Tuesday: School Sports



Our school had Presidents Day off, so we're taking this Tuesday off from the blog, as well. We'll be back next Tuesday addressing school sports. Our senior girls' and boys' basketball teams are in the Regional Basketball Tournament, so there's sure to be a lot of high emotions this week. I'll be asking student athletes for their thoughts about athletics in general. Do their friends treat them differently when the team wins or loses? Is it hard to face parents after a loss? What's the hardest thing about being a cheerleader?


If there's anything you'd like me to ask a basketball player or a cheerleader, let me know and I'll pass it along (Get it? I'll "pass it" along. I made a funny, right? Right.) Then I'll post their responses next week on Teen Talk Tuesday. 

2 comments:

Sarah Nego(vetich) said...

Sandi,
I have a question for your next session with the kids. We know most girls are crazy about a good romantic scene, but what about the boys. How much romance is ok to squeeze into a non-romance book, say fantasy or dystopian. Does the amount of acceptable romance vary depending on if the MC is male or female.

On a semi-related note, for those guys who have close friends who are girls, do they ever imagine that girl as 'girlfriend" material or is that just something we writers like to make happen?

Thanks for the help!

Sandi said...

Oh! Excellent questions. We'll definitely get these in a future post. Thanks, Sarah!