Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teen Talk Tuesday: Prom

Our school's prom was a couple of weeks ago. I usually attend as chaperone--yeah, I love to buy  dresses!--but I skipped this time. I asked a couple of students for a breakdown of what it was like this year.

Me: There's usually a rumor that someone's going to spike the punch, but not this year?
Maurice 17: There were teachers standing around the table. I don't think anyone could.

Me: What were the memorable dances?
Maurice: Cha-Cha Slide and Cupid Shuffle

Me: What about the music? What else did the DJ play?
Shelly 17: Not as good as last year. Some hip hop, some country. They only played two slow songs, so I didn't dance much.


(Note from the chaperone's perspective: The DJ is usually asked to only play two slow songs because of the PDA. )

My students said that after 10:30, the atmosphere started getting dull, and people started leaving in droves. The after-prom destination for most was IHOP. (Yeah, we're just cool like that!!)

Except for the music, the dances, or the fashions...prom hasn't changed all that much over the years.




2 comments:

Brinda said...

I love these teen talks!

Sandi said...

Thanks, Brinda!! :)