Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Dream to Some, a Nightmare to Others


From the movie GOTHIC, inspired by the events behind the writing of Frankenstein


Hey, guys. I’m away at a conference this week, but I managed to find something cool to share. Since I'm on the road, I thought now would be the perfect time for a post on nightmares. I usually have a least one when I’m traveling, but that's a good thing. Some of my favorite story ideas originated from my nightmares. I find it hard to recreate the same fear that I experienced--heart palpitating from some bizarre scene that had felt so real--but I do my best.

In fact one of the scenes I’m writing for Prometheus Unbound (Book 2, The Prometheus Order series) came from a nightmare I had while writing Byronic. For those of you who don’t know, the premise of the Prometheus Order series came from the actual events and nightmares that inspired the creation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.

Nightmare: Horror and Dark Fantasy

Today’s Wednesday Web-find is another online magazine, Nightmare

From the website: Nightmare is an online horror and dark fantasy magazine. In Nightmare’s pages, you will find all kinds of horror fiction, from zombie stories and haunted house tales, to visceral psychological horror.

Edited by John Joseph Adams, the site offers award-winning stories, podcasts, ebooks, and some of the most amazing, disturbing art.

Enjoy visiting Nightmare!!!!


No comments: